Selection of Coaches
- The GM will appoint a head coach in both the Junior and Senior Divisions. In concert with the GM the Division Directors will assist with tryouts, schedules, and team selections.
- The GM with input from the two Division Directors will develop a slate of Vogues coaches for the AAU season. The slate will include both Junior and Senior Division coaches. The Advisory Board will be notified of the slate of coaches.
- In selecting coaches, priority will be given to: former Vogues coaches and alumna in good standing, High School coaches, County and CYO coaches.
- The Advisory Board will take requests of coaches coaching immediate family members under advisement.
- Open tryouts will take place in the months of February and March.
- Team selection will be the responsibility of the coaches with assistance given from the respective Division Director.
- Selections will be based upon the player’s basketball skills, athletic abilities, coachability, and further factors the coach deems appropriate.
- If the coach is a public High School coach in any capacity (Varsity, JV, Freshman, or assistant), no more than one-third of the respective National or Regional team may be from his or her High School.